Help us send a bit of home and hope to our active-duty soldiers who are now overseas or back home in military hospitals recovering from their wounds. Here's how it works:
1. Buy a book from this website for yourself, or for someone you love, between Memorial Day weekend and Flag Day (June 14) or between Veterans Day and Thanksgiving.
2. We will send you your book and send a book, at no additional cost to you, to active-duty soldiers (found through AnySoldier.com) or to wounded soldiers recovering in military hospitals here at home. There is no limit to the number of books you may purchase. We will match it!
3. After completing your order, send an email, Facebook message, or Tweet to your friends telling them how they too can have a book sent to a soldier.
4. Enjoy your book when it arrives.
5. Thank you for sharing your love.
Choose any book from our catalog...
Press 53 . PO Box 30314, Winston-Salem, NC 27130-0314
Click any banner to view books in these categories.
Need help choosing a title? Call us at 336-770-5353 or send an email to Press 53. Since 2007, Press 53 has made it a yearly mission, with the valuable help of our readers and friends, to send books to active-duty soldiers in the Middle East. In 2012, we began sending books to the Veterans Writing Project in Washington, D.C., who distributes the books to patients at Walter Reed Hospital and to patients at the National Intrepid Center of Excellence, the Department of Defense's premier research and treatment facility for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Traumatic Brain Injury, where members of the Veterans Writing Project teach writing as part of the National Endowment for the Arts' Operation Homecoming.