Saturday, March 28, 2020
with Friday night and Sunday morning options
460 N Cherry Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27101
We’ve been evaluating feedback from our 2019 High Road Festival to make next year’s festival even better and we are now ready to share some news.
Save the Date
The 2020 High Road Festival will take place on Saturday, March 28 at the Embassy Suites in downtown Winston-Salem, NC (the same location as 2019).
What will not change from 2019:
· An à la carte selection of several seventy-five minute seminars, three-hour master classes, and twenty-five-minute one-on-one critique sessions for poets and short fiction writers.
· A faculty of award-winning writers.
· Vendor space where guests can meet and greet magazine editors and publishers; writing organizations; and other literary leaders, movers, and shakers.
What’s new for 2020:
· Four three-hour poetry intensives with select faculty. A seminar/workshop hybrid limited to four poets per session.
· A day-long fiction-writing experience (three hours a.m. and three hours p.m.) with master short fiction writer David Jauss.
· A thirty-minute break between sessions to give everyone more time to process, relax, and prepare for their next session.
· A Writers’ Lounge (formerly the Reading Room) where attendees and faculty can relax, write, read, socialize, and attend a book signing or two, with a cash bar opening at 3:00 (before the last sessions) and ending at 7 p.m., just in time for dinner.
· No wall! We are removing the wall so the Writers’ Lounge and Vendor Room will be in one large space with no barrier.
· Box lunches available for purchase upon registration. You suggested, we agreed: next year you can choose to have lunch on-site during a one-and-a-half-hour break!
. . . Excited?
Stay tuned for more information as we finalize our faculty and open for registration in early July for the 2020 High Road Festival of Poetry and Short Fiction!
We’ll see you there!