Prime Number Magazine is a quarterly online journal that seeks to publish distinctive poetry and short fiction, regardless of theme, form, or style. Contributors will include both emerging and established writers as selected by our guest editors.
- Submissions for poetry and short fiction are open year round. Each quarter, with each new issue (Jan, April, July, October) we introduce a new set of guest editors who will be reading for a future issue. To see who is currently reading, click on Submittable.
- We will only accept submissions uploaded through Submittable. Submissions sent as attachments to emails cannot be accepted.
- Only original, unpublished work will be considered. Published works include anything self-published or shared on Facebook or other social media.
- Simultaneous submissions are welcome, but please withdraw your submission immediately if the work is accepted elsewhere.
- Please limit your submissions to one poem or one short story per submission period.
- We will respond to submissions within five months, but occasionally it may take a little longer. Poems and short stories accepted for publication will appear in Prime Number Magazine within six months.
Contributors living in the United States will receive one copy of the respective guest editor's book published by Press 53; contributors living outside the United States will receive no compensation other than publication.
Contributors will grant, via a simple agreement, First Serial Rights, including perpetual archiving. All rights revert back to the author upon publication. The author retains the copyright to his or her work and may republish the poem or story elsewhere without permission once the work has appeared in Prime Number Magazine.